- Join Us
- Find us on ....
- Annual Award
- Bylaws & Policies
- Contact us
2006 Edeiken Winner - Cel - Mike Dallmer
The Edeiken Award is about service to kiting. As we all know, service can mean big things and it can mean smaller day-to-day things as well. And so we are writing to nominate a couple that can be counted on for the big things, and to do the smaller ones without being asked.
Mike and Cel Dallmer are constants in kiting. Whether at smaller flies, major festivals, workshops, local clubs, the AKA Board, or as the leader of a national program, we have come to count on the Dallmers as innovators and contributors.
· The Dallmers coordinated National Kite Month this year with Mike as official Chair and Cel handling most of the envelope stuffing.
· The Dallmers have been active leaders in the South Jersey Kite Flyers. Mike is serving a fifth year as President. Cel is Hospitality Coordinator
· The Dallmers coordinate auctions for two major festivals each year -- Wildwood and MIKE/MASKC. The entire family works on each program. Mike is also co-chair of the AKA Auction.
· Mike is an award winning kitemaker. His latest creation is the Giant East Coast Duck. He has served as a kitemaking Judge for the AKA Grand Nationals.
· Mike has helped to develop new plans kite community. He has published details for a Circoflex and his interpretation of a Genki.
· Cel is the driving force behind the annual Wildwood Welcome Bar-B-Que. Mike has traditionally been the chief ticket-taker.
· Together the Dallmers organize and offer a variety of children’s kite making workshops in South Jersey and Philadelphia.
It is hard to miss the Dallmers at any festival in Region 2. And even if you don’t know or notice them, you certainly are affected by their efforts and contributions. Mike is always on the field trying to keep the sky filled with color. And he frequently gives kites away to visiting kids. When not in the middle of the field he is by Cel’s side making sure everything is going smoothly.
Cel serves more of a behind the scene role. She has stood by Mike’s addiction to the kite hobby since the beginning giving up her sewing machine to the cause and also allowed him to turn the entire basement into a kite workshop.
Together these two wonderful people represent what is best and good in kiting. We are pleased to nominate them for AKA’s highest award.